Microsoft’s Virtualisation technology does not allow creating a virtual network bound to a wireless adapter on Windows Server 2008, however this can be worked around simple by following the steps below.
- Make sure you have wireless networking enabled and working prior to the following
- Open the Virtual Network Manager
- Create an Internal virtual network with the default settings
- In the Settings for the Virtual Machine you are using set the network adapter binding to the previously created
- On the host machine open the Network and Sharing Center from Control Panel
- Select Change Adapter Settings
- Right click the Wireless Network Connection and select Properties
- Select the Sharing Tab
- Check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection checkbox
- Select the Local Area Connection associated with the Internal Virtual Network created earlier
- Click Ok
Your Hyper-V VM should now be able to use your wireless connection.